The CiMUS announces the VI Edition of its Summer Fellowship Programme «CiMUS Summer School», offering 14 fellowships available for undergraduate students who wish to have their first research experience in the field of Life Sciences. The aim of the fellowships is to finance research stays at CiMUS during the month of July.
During their stay in July (from the 3rd to 31st), the selected candidates will have the opportunity to develop a brief research project under the supervision of a principal investigator of the center, framed in the 3 areas of CiMUS research: Precision Medicine, Basic Mechanisms of disease and New Medicines. The objective is for students to be integrated into a dynamic and competitive research environment and to work on issues at the frontier of knowledge. In addition, they can participate in all the scientific activities of the center.
Fellowships include 750 € (gross salary) and financial assistance to cover travel expenses for students not living in Santiago de Compostela, with a maximum of 250 € for students coming from outside Galicia and a maximum of 80 € for students coming from Galicia.
Candidates must have passed at least 55% of the credits of their Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biotecnology, Pharmacy, Medicine Chemistry, or other related disciplines of any university. Their average grade in their academic record must be equal to or greater than 8 points on a 10-point scale.
Applications should be only submitted electronically via the University of Santiago de Compostela website using the application form available at the following link: https://sede.usc.es/formularios/solicitudes/InvestigacionBolsasVeran.htm. The application should be addressed to the R&D Calls and Human Resources Service, from June 2nd to the 8th at 23h59 (CEST), providing the following documentation:
- Copy of the academic transcript including the marks for all the subjects or modules and the average mark on a 10-point scale of the official Bachelor's degree or equivalent. In the case of having studied abroad in a language other than English, the certification must be submitted with the official translation into Spanish or Galician.
- Enrolment certificate issued by the University or a copy of the enrolment fees for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant.
- Motivation letter with an expression of interest in obtaining the fellowship.
- The applicants must rank their preference for at least 5 of the eligible CiMUS research groups.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria, with a maximum score of 10 points:
• The academic record of the applicants, up to 70% of the total score.
• Curriculum Vitae, including publications, awards, and training related to the purpose of the fellowships, among others. Up to 20% of the total score.
• The expression of interest of the applicants in the motivation letter. Up to 10% of the total score
Further information in the conditions of the call or by sending an email to cimus.xestion [at] usc.es (cimus[dot]xestion[at]usc[dot]es) with the subject [SUMMER2023].
NOTE: The list of admitted and excluded Summer School applicants has been published: https://sede.usc.es/sede/publica/taboleiro/anuncio/121362/carga.htm
Actividad funded by "Convenio de Colaboración entre a Consellería de Cultura, Educación e Universidade e a USC" for the development of strategic actions of R+D+i: